Re: Removing web server dependencies from web apps

Thomas Goirand, 2012-01-06 18:06:35 +0800 :

[...]

> That's what I don't get! I think using a remote MySQL is as uncommon
> as a chrooted CGI environment.

>From what I've seen of various clients' systems, it isn't.  The web
server is often isolated not in a chroot but in a separate host (whether
physical host, VM or LXC); and I've seen several cases of one
consolidated (and adequately-maintained) database server used remotedy
by many applications.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

'ALL your base? No!! One tiny base continue bravely to resist.'
  -- <wiggy> in #debian-devel