Re: network-manager as default? No!

On 13/04/2011 10:53, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
On 04/04/2011 12:56 PM, Jon Dowland wrote:
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 07:22:47PM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
It also can't do VLANs (.1q), bridges, bonds and all possible
permutations of the above. I'd speculate that it also wouldn't be
able to do things like 1k (or more) interfaces. It also doesn't
support hooks to be able to do more advanced setups, such as
multihoming, policy routing, QoS, etc.

Is it necessary for the distribution's *default* network-management
solution to handle all of these?

Yes. For a distribution which is targeted to support servers properly,
 yes, definitely. For everything else there is Ubuntu.

I sincerely hope that you're joking… At least, the rest of the project
doesn't share this view. It's like saying that "Desktop users are second
class citizens", which is plain wrong!

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي