Re: network-manager as default? No!

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 01:42:43PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 13/04/2011 10:53, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> >>
> >>Is it necessary for the distribution's *default* network-management
> >>solution to handle all of these?
> >
> >Yes. For a distribution which is targeted to support servers properly,
> > yes, definitely. For everything else there is Ubuntu.
> >

> I sincerely hope that you're joking… At least, the rest of the project
> doesn't share this view. It's like saying that "Desktop users are second
> class citizens", which is plain wrong!

He didn't say anything you're implying. Some misunderstanding, I guess.
Debian, as a universal OS, needs to support Servers and Desktops and ...
properly. Any solution thus needs to handle all those cases properly.

Then add the usual Ubuntu bashing: for all who don't need that kind of
universality, there's Ubuntu (which, btw, also delivers server
solutions).

No-one is second class. Or, if I understand bzed right, Ubuntu is. :)

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de
: :'  :  Debian Developer                                 www.debian.org