Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes! (was: network-manager as default? No!)

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 07:29, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
>> I do not think that reading documentation before trying to achieve
>> something is that elitist. And in the case of wpa_supplicant, it is
>> definitely not dozens of pages. Basically, it is just
>>
>> man interfaces
>> man wpa_supplicant.conf
>> zless /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/README.Debian.gz
>
> I don't consider myself 'stupid user', but I haven't yet been able to
> put my laptop on wpa network without the use of network manager.

I never did get nm or wicd to work. Only with ifupdown+wpa_supplicant
was I able to make WiFi work. This was with an ordinary home router
with WPA2 PSK and an Atheros PCIe NIC

This possibly explains why you will never see me supporting nm/wicd
as a default.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers