Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes!

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 10:03:12PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> What I do not understand is WHY the Debian Project can not do an install
> in two steps.  I mean installing the bare base using "ifupdown"  and  if
> the user choose the Desktop-Task replace it with NM.

AFAICT, the main concerns with the current ifupdown-based installation
process is that its suport of wireless networks is very limited: only
WEP is supported, and there are problems with lost connections. I am
pretty sure that these problems may be addressed without replacing all
the infrastructure and switching to NM, though.

--
Stanislav