Re: time based freezes

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 12:12 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> On Monday, April 04, 2011 12:05:09 PM Neil McGovern wrote:
>> > I also note a lack of replies to feedback@release.debian.org -
>these
>> > mails are definately useful, but I really would appreciate any
>comments
>> > going there, so I don't have to spend days trawling archives to
>pick up
>> > people's points.
>>
>> That seems like an odd reply to a message in a thread you started on
>debian-
>> devel?
>
>Unless you're counting the d-d-a mail, Neil didn't start the thread; in
>fact, as far as I can see, it's his first post to it - the "time based
>freezes" thread in reply to the d-d-a mail was started by Zack.
>
>fwiw, the d-d-a mail said:
>
>> The beginning of a release cycle seems the ideal time for that
>> discussion and we hope to be in a position to start it after
>processing
>> the results of the retrospective.

Debian-devel seems like a reasonable place to be discussing how Debian development should be structured.

Yes, that is the message to which I referred. It seems equally reasonable to me for follow-up discussion of a message to debian-devel-announce would occur on debian-devel, particularly when the message doesn't specify an alternate venue.

So I still find that on odd reply to the thread. It doesn't seem particularly consistent with the improved communication I've heard the release team is doing these days.

Scott K