Re: Cross-check autobuilt binary pkg with maintainer-provided pkg

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This is a good reason to forbid source-only uploads, but there is another,
> which actually leverages what we do now, and the idea of not using the
> maintainer-provided binary packages in order to have better determinism on
> the build:
[...]

Sounds like a great idea, yes.
If ftpmasters don't want dak to do all the work, a new service under the QA
umbrella could be setup. Sending the original metadata to the QA host should
be enough for it to check the package built by the buildds whenever it is
uploaded to the archive.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer