Re: Cross-check autobuilt binary pkg with maintainer-provided pkg

[Joey Hess]
> File sizes won't 100% stable unfortunatly but the rest should be.

Well, depending on how often I upgrade, vs. how often the buildd does
(and for that matter, how long my package sits in a queue before it is
built), there can be dependency changes due to build-depends shlibs /
symbols updates.  Unfortunately, it probably isn't possible to tell
whether a dependency change is harmless or something the maintainer
should be notified about and a change that.

So there'll be some noise in the 'debdiff'.  To minimize the noise,
_always_ upgrade before building and uploading, and time your build to
be just after a mirror pulse.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/