Re: Sourceful uploads [Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting]

Le Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:40:25PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen a écrit :
> ]] Philipp Kern
>
> | Actually those build failures are nowadays sent to the PTS for further
> | distribution (the "buildd" keyword).  I don't know how many are subscribed
> | to those notifications, though.  (After all, they're not automatically
> | sent to the maintainer.)
>
> Would people be opposed to changing that?  I would be quite happy to get
> mails if my packages FTBFS on various architectures, and I believe I'm
> competent to at least usually see if something fails because of
> something obvious or if it looks like a chroot/buildd issue.  FWIW,
> Ubuntu mails maintainers on build failures (at least in PPAs), and I've
> found that to work well.

I would be happy to get build logs as well, or at least a link to an URL
where they are dowloadable withouth HTML processing.

For the moment, I only found raw logs in /srv/buildd.debian.org/db on
buildd.debian.org, but that directory is not served over HTTP, so this excludes
non-DDs for raw retrieval. (I am also wondering where to find the cryptographic
signatures, but this is orthogonal to this discussion).

By the way, I have submitted the whishlist bug #605763 to ask if it were
possible to have sbuild use reproducible file paths during build, to minimise
diffs between build logs. That might help to compare autobuilt and
locally-built packages, as suggested in
<[🔎] 20110213194931.GB2437@khazad-dum.debian.net">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 20110213194931.GB2437@khazad-dum.debian.net>.

Have a nice day,

--