Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 06:00:11PM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> That's something I don't understand. If I upload a broken package, why
> should it be the buildd admin's job to deal with it? Should not I get
> notified of the error, and told to fix it?

I've seen packages that don't fail until the very end of the build.
This can waste a lot of buildd time, especially on very large packages.
So yes, as the maintainer, it may be your problem to fix, but failing to
test packages that as a result fail on the buildds won't make the buildd
admins very happy.

Also, FTBFS bugs are often filed by buildd admins; I'm sure they'd like
to spend their time doing things other than filing those bugs.