DiscussionsAfterSqueeze [ Was: how to communicate removals ]

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 03:35:35PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Another example (for communication): someone blogged just these days
> about the "0-day freeze" in early August last year.

If I'm not mistaken, this topic has been brought up various times, with
varying degrees of flame-ness. Also, still IIRC, the release team has
already acknowledged that they intend to work on improving various
aspects of the release process, including communication, for the next
release cycle.  What is then the point of recurrently bringing up this
topic, considering that the most natural time frame for such discussions
seems to be the *beginning* of the next release cycle, rather than the
end of the current one?

I understand that you, like others, consider that episode a mistake, but
nobody can change the past. I'd rather focus now on helping whoever is
hurrying up to complete a release, than on putting more pressure on them
for alleged past mistakes.

Still, this and similar discussion topics should not be forgotten, given
they clearly cause discomforts within the community. How about starting
to populate a wiki page DiscussionsAfterSqueeze to keep a track of this
and similar topics? Otherwise I fear we'll obtain a lose-lose effect of
leaving bad feelings behind us at present *and* forgetting to address
problems in the future.

Cheers.