Re: Two groups of users, one distro in the middle

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 03:33:02PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Furthermore, packages in Debian are - to the best of my knowledge -
> adapted already to use /usr/bin/nodejs, packages outside can still work
> unmodified, if the user makes a simple symlink. Document this, and all's
> well.

I don't think the symlink is even necessary, and is probably a bad idea
in case the other package providing node was installed.  instead, ship
the binary in /usr/lib/nodejs/node (or similar), and instruct users that
if they need "upstream compatibility", to simply

	export PATH=/usr/lib/nodejs:$PATH

and problem solved, right?

	sean