Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

]] Roger Leigh

Hi,

somewhat of a tangent, so sorry for hijacking the thread:

| Currently, the size limits for /tmp and other temporary filesystems
| are set in /etc/default/tmpfs.

Can we please stop doing things like that?  It makes things harder for
alternative init systems that sysvinit hides this in a random file in
/etc/default rather than just putting it into fstab.

The same goes for RAMTMP, RAMRUN and whatnot.

(Yes, this means we need to handle /etc/fstab better from a maintainer
script when defaults change.  Maybe have /etc/fstab.d. ;-)

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen