Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

On 11/13/2011 05:57 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011, Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok could we made some policy about /tmp use ? Like do not create file
>> above 10M ? And fill RC bug if the apps do this ?
>>
> 10M is small by today's standards.

Agreed. Anyway, I'd be happy to have, by policy, some hard limits
We can discuss of a tolerable size, like 100M? Anyway, anything
bigger than 512 MB is obviously abusing /tmp, IMHO. But if we're
to have /tmp using tmpfs by default, it becomes really important
to have such policy.

For example, it happens that MySQL server fills up my /tmp (which
by the way, I put in a separate partition just because of that issue).
That'd be IMO a good candidate for an RC bug filling... :)

Thomas