Re: directory under /usr/bin -- Ok or not?

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 19:11:11 -0400
Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Nov 2011, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > Not sure what you're trying to suggest here? The FHS *is* clear on
> > what goes in /usr/games:
> > games     Games and educational binaries (optional)
>
> I wasn't really suggesting anything I guess... just objected suggested
> PATH-driven interpretation of what goes under /usr/bin

ok

> > > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20111102222553.GL10325%40onerussian.com&forum_name=freestandards-fhs-discuss
> > This is not the proper location for FHS discussion, [1] is.
>
> ah -- thanks -- I just followed a link on
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

Not sure who can fix that page, a few links need updating to the new
location. The page source mentions Daniel Quinlan, if you're interested
in following up perhaps try him.

> will repost to fhs-discuss now

For FHS 3.0 its already changed to No subdirectories in {,/usr}/(s)bin.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK7FOSS)