Re: RFC: usb-modeswitch 1.2.0 release embedding jimtcl

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 01:48:17PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Virtual machine networking works just fine for me with virt-manager and
> network-manager.

As far as I know not (fully) for the bridged setup [0]: NM recognized
the bridge, but since it doesn't have a "link status" [1], VPNs are
disabled.

Background: I have one desktop PC which is my main work station at home,
which alse can run several VMs. Since I also own other mobile devices, I
like to connect from them to the VMs.
ut I also use OpenVPN to open tunnels to other sides on demand.

[0] A dedicated bridge for all VMs works fine, as then the ethernet
interface is fully handled by NM itself.

[1] Only the physical ethernet card has a link status, which is part of
the bridge, but NM doesn't handle this.

BYtE
Philipp
--