Re: RFC: usb-modeswitch 1.2.0 release embedding jimtcl

Am 18.10.2011 21:16, schrieb Tollef Fog Heen:
> ]] Didier Raboud

> | usb-modeswitch being mostly useful for 3G USB dongles, I don't understand
> | where you want the s/Recommends/Suggests/.
> modemmanager shouldn't recommend usb-modeswitch, but suggest it.

The problem then is, that users get failures which are extremely hard to
debug. The hardware simply won't work for them and we don't have a good way to
detect such cases and forward a error message to the user session asking them
to install usb-modeswitch.

As such type of 3G dongles are quite common, imho the recommends is justified.

universe are pointed away from Earth?