Re: Move all to /usr

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 06:08:32PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Oct 13, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> > Or on devices where the firmware / boot loader doesn't support large
> > disks, or only limited filesystems etc. Please don't ignore other
> > people's use cases.
>
> Can you point me at some examples?
> Excluding hardware which has been obsolete for many years...

Regrettably I keep seeing a smattering of bug reports against GRUB which
turn out to be due to the BIOS having large-disk limitations, which on
investigation turn out to be with BIOS versions released in the last
couple of years.

I don't have links for you (in many cases they're people turning up on
IRC for support and the like), but the idea that BIOS vendors routinely
bother to fix these kinds of bugs seems to be a myth.