Re: New package doesn't fix the problem in the old version
* #640016 was introduced in version 2-1 on 2011-08-02.
* #640016 was reported on 2011-09-01 and fixed on 2011-09-01 in
* version 4-1 with the bug migrated on 2011-08-23 to testing,
version 7-1 without the bug migrated on 2011-09-17 to testing.
* testing was affected by the bug for 25 days.
* the bug is by default not in the wild (git-repositories-repack
cronjob, priority low debconf question, defaults to no).
* the bug is just that the wrongly called scripts fails by doing
nothing. worst case: user is annoyed by an error message that
* git-stuff was not yet part of a stable release.
* everything that Bernhard already said.
* adding preinst scripts that check for certain md5sums for files
sucks, in particular since in theory, you can only get rid of them
after stable+1. so not worth the hassle, in particulary not to
blow up the package considerably and unecessarily for everyone until
stable+1, just to mitigate a minor annoyance for a handful of
* unstable and *testing* users are supposed to be able to cope with
the one or other glitch, if they don't, they use stable.
* this is a colossal waste of time.
Address: Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern