Re: Maintainers, porters, and burden of porting

* Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [110831 10:56]:
> Note that I'm not saying that we should get rid of them. Only that we
> should move them out of the "critical path". If there are active buildd
> admins, I don't see why they couldn't continue to use Debian
> infrastructure.

And let the software in Debian rot more and more because we do not care
to catch all kinds of bugs in them that we get hinted at by using those
architectures as first class citizens?

Supporting more architectures means getting robuster software and being
able to catch bugs before they hit everyone's pet architectures.
It also means that software is robust enough that compiler have a chance
to implement more optimisations, libraries can switch to faster
implementations, because software is actually tested a bit wider.

	Bernhard R. Link