Re: dar-static build failure

On 27 August 2011 06:38, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> And I do think it is at least a serious bug for libgpg-error-dev to drop its
> static lib when there are rdepends that require it (dar).  But I am not sure
> about this one.

The documentation says "makes unrelated software on the system (or the
whole system) break" for critical. I don't think this is critical...

For serious, it says "is a severe violation of Debian policy (roughly,
it violates a must or required directive), or, in the package
maintainer's or release manager's opinion, makes the package
unsuitable for release" however I don't think this is a violation of
Debian policy so just sure I can justify serious either.

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>