Re: mentors.debian.net runs the debexpo code now

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:

> How can I tell the "status" of each of these packages ?  I mean: I
> would like to know whether anyone else has already reviewed it, or is
> working on it, or has uploaded it to Debian proper.  Am I expected to
> subscribe to debian-mentors ?  The "introductory page for sponsors"
> was a bit sparse.

The previous ways to check status were:

look at NEW or incoming.d.o.

look for replies to the ITP bug and or to debian-devel.

look for replies to the RFS mail on debian-mentors.

debexpo adds this to the above:

look for comments on the mentors.d.n website.

There never was any guarantee that subscribing to -mentors meant you
would know about other reviews. Indeed, it often happens that a
package gets uploaded to the archive and the maintainer/sponsor don't
even reply to the RFS saying that the package was uploaded. Or the
reviews moved to IRC or some team's mailing list. This doesn't change
with the new mentors, it just introduces yet another place to look for
reviews. Perhaps the comments on the site will become the primary
place for feedback, but I doubt it considering Debian's mail-centric
culture.

--
bye,
pabs