Re: Multiarch and D-Bus

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 09:23:33AM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 at 10:06:34 +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> > Even dark corner like double endianess ?
>
> Doubles are byteswapped in exactly the same way as int64, I hope that's
> correct everywhere? (dbus/dbus-marshal-byteswap.c around line 73.)
>
> To be more specific: D-Bus assumes that doubles are IEEE-754, in the same
> byte order as integers - so all LE architectures have the same double format
> as an i386, and all BE architectures have the same double format
> as a powerpc. Do we have any architectures where this isn't true?

We used to have the ARM old-ABI architecture using mixed-endianness, but
we don't have this architecture anymore (replaced by armel).

While the float and doubles are going to be transfered correctly for all
Debian architectures from the endianness point of view, architectures
will interpret some special values differently depending on the
architecture. For example depending on the architecture, a qNaN and sNaN
values can be swapped.

I don't know if this is handled correctly in D-BUS.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73