Re: Whether should grub2 write MBR automatic

2011/6/22 YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com>:
> Yes, if only for Linux distro, it can be done like this.
> Then if there are Windows and Mac OS X?

Windows writes to MBR no matter what. Mac OS X does it too, I guess?
Because of Windows, I always install Linux after Windows. I guess
there's no way around here, Windows doesn't detect Linux anyway. I
don't know if Mac OS X does it. I suspect it does not, because you are
supposed to have only one Mac OS X on Mac hardware.
So if they both write to MBR no matter what, then one main Linux
distro with grub is the only option.