Re: packaging-dev meta package

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>> Recommends or Suggests:
>>> cdbs
>>> cmake
>
>> My reasoning on these two was that some people probably aren't
>> interested in switching from cdbs to quilt,
>
> You mean from cdbs to using debhelper directly?  cdbs and quilt are
> orthogonal to each other.

Sorry, yes.

The push toward Source Format 3 with Quilt and DH7 happened around the
same time that I started doing packaging with any frequency so I'm
somewhat muddled on the "old way."  Do I recall correctly that there
was some sort of patch management included in cdbs or am I thinking of
another tool?

--
Mackenzie Morgan