Re: Suspend/Hibernate Resume in debian

Hi Ben,

On 05/19/2011 08:36 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 13:53 +0700, Arief M Utama wrote:
Latest try with only pm-utils package, I can do hibernate and resume
just fine, but suspend and resume does not work, suspend ok, resume fail.
Suspend and resume are normally handled by the kernel, with some help
from initramfs-tools for resuming from disk.  pm-utils is not required
for this, although it has other useful functionality.

My use-case is a reguler user, with laptop and using gnome3 desktop. So is that mean, I dont need to install any other packages to do suspend resume from the desktop? Was always under the impressions that at least pm-utils is required.

But, even so, I have done some test with "echo 'mem' > /sys/power/state" and "echo 'disk' > /sys/power/state" few times before, and it shows same behaviour with desktop initiated suspend and hibernate, "mem" suspend failed at resume, "disk" hibernate-resume working ok.

With pm-utils+uswsusp, I can suspend-resume just fine, but
hibernate-resume does not work, same thing, hibernate ok, resume fail,
on resume I can see the progress of loading back the image data and it
goes through to 100% but then it just stop there. Magic sysrq reboot
worked though.

I wanna file bug, but not sure against which package and I wanna try
gather more info first before I do it. Like how does it work now without
hal?
So long as you don't use uswsusp, the right package is linux-2.6.  If
you do use uswsusp then it could be either package at fault.

To be honest, I'm just doing trial and error with uswsusp, not sure what's uswsusp benefit.

A little update, I manage to resume back from hibernation with uswsusp by pressing Magic-Sysrq sequence with 'K' key after the image restoring come to 100% (I see from the list of key names it's short for 'saK', dont know what's that mean).

Before it's just stay there, stopped and nothing happened, I have to reboot using Magic-Sysrq-B.

Thanks.

All the best.
-arief