Re: earliest supported kernel is 2.6.32 now

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:42:52PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > In general there is no requirement to reuse the dom0 kernel as your domU
> > kernel, although I appreciate that some hosting providers may add that
> > sort of requirement (or a similar requirement to use one of a blessed
> > set of kernels).
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels
> The above URL describes the requirements for kernels.  A pvops Xen Linux
> kernel (EG the one from Squeeze) requires at least Xen 4.0.

Please stop spreading fud. This information aplies to Dom0 usage
only[1]. The kernel runs as DomU at least since 3.3 and the patched
Lenny 3.2[2].

>                                                              RHEL5 and CentOS5
> have version 3.1.2 of the Xen kernel and thus won't boot a Squeeze kernel.

And the error may be what?

Bastian

[1]: This version got a new interrupt handling.
[2]: #474509
--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9