On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 09:20:29AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Yes, it's mostly "PR bullshit", and I don't expect it to significantly
> change Debian development processes. However, communication is necessary
> if we want to attract new users. What might change is more attention
> from developers to what happens in testing/rolling, which is probably a
> good thing since a better testing/rolling makes it easier to create
> stable releases from it.

Is that it, really? What's the point of the rename, forcing all the
testing users to sed their sources.list? Wow. Useful.

> [C] we could compromise. We could freeze rolling for 3 months, so that
>     most of the stabilization work occurs with a single active branch,
>     and then, for the final release preparation, fork 'frozen' off
>     'rolling', and unfreeze 'rolling'.

That's horrible to do because the end of the freeze is *exactly* when
people get demotivated, and that the last rush is mostly done by very
few people.

Doing that will make them feel even more alone, which is a great way to
burn them out even faster. I really don't like it.  I'd rather see ways
on how to make the freeze shorter been explored instead.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit