* Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@madism.org> [110501 22:09]:
> Who are they? Unlike this constant handwaving, I've shared my experience
> (on #-devel), I'll repeat it here: at work we've like 10 Debian users,
> some with stable, the other with unstable. Why? Because we're
> developpers and if our software targets old stuff (RH5, it's as old as
> lenny), the latest gcc, valgrind, … are priceless tools, and we want
> them.

Also think about people that actually want to computer to work and
people administrating their computers. You do not hear much from those
users as Debian in its current shape in near to perfect for them.
It releases often enough that one has new software, not so often that
one can manage upgrades in the time (and users can adapt to changes,
anything changed is usually a big hassle for users). There is one
repository with all the packages, no hunting for sources, no evaluation
which of those sources have use usefull packages and which are crap,
and everything fits well together. And in the rare event something
newer is needed and one cannot wait one can get something from backports
and it still reasonably well fits together.

> I run unstable on my laptop and workstation for years, with almost daily
> dist-upgrades. Except for grub2 (and I've been stupid, I removed grub, I
> should have known better) I've had no serious issues for 5 years,

Agreed. Unstable is usually quite stable.

	Bernhard R. Link