Re: some suggestions towards a Debian .desktop policy [Was: Warm up discussion about desktop files]

Le vendredi 22 avril 2011 à 17:51 +0200, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> The difference is that a user has to know more when enabling stuff, as
> they get shown many things were enabling does not make any sense.
> And there is no way to say "show me everything in the menu", which is
> especially bad for environments were assuming you know what they need
> is even more likely wrong.

You’re missing something. A menu that “shows everything” is unusable.
The Debian menu is a very good example of that kind of problem.

Try a lenny system (or a squeeze system with a disabled
gnome-menus-blacklist) and install both KDE and GNOME full desktops. Now
try to use the GNOME panel for an hour.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :