Re: Default size limits for /run (/var/run) and /run/lock (/var/lock)

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:31:08AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 09:17:04 +0200, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 13 avril 2011 à 10:51 +0100, Philip Hands a écrit :
> > > Therefore, in the multi-partition setup, I think we should also default
> > > to having /tmp on tmpfs.

> Ah, good point -- so rather than just chatting about this I should
> probably get off my arse and start making some sort of contribution to
> d-i.

By the way, now that initscripts has support for mounting tmpfs
on /tmp, all d-i needs to do is to set RUNTMP=yes when creating
/etc/default/rcS (it already needs to do this for UTC).  It
might also want to allow adjustment of the size set in
/etc/default/tmpfs and ensure there's sufficient swap space
configured, but it shouldn't actually require any fstab changes.
(Though the mount logic should let it pick up the mount options
from /etc/fstab, if present.)

Regards,
Roger

--