Re: More Vcs-Fields in debian/control?

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 08:22:06AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> There are lots of upstream-metadata that we might want to have available
> and we need to find a proper solution that doesn't involve debian/control.

In Debian Med and Debian Science we are just using

for keeping scientific references.  Bu tthe idea is not restricted to
this.  There exists an UDD importer for these data.
> It should be outside of the package and probably shared accross
> all Linux distributions. It seems to me to be a good extension of the work
> done/planned on the cross-distribution app-store.

I do not see a reason why this should not be possible with the proposed
solution.  It's just not (yet) widely adopted in Debian.
Kind regards