Re: More Vcs-Fields in debian/control?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> If upstream is using some other weird thing like bzr or Mercurial or
> whatnot, we're now getting into rather more effort than I'd personally
> want to bother with.

If Bazaar and Mercurial are “some other weird thing”, that doesn't bode
well for the future of the Debian tools interacting with VCSen. Is any
VCS other than Git to be deprecated?

--
 \     “Unix is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, |
  `\    Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus.” —Peter |