Bash-completion with triggers

Hello everybody,
I've implemented a new revision of bash-completion, which uses debtriggers(5)
to load only relevant completions, and symlink them when something
touches /usr/bin/, /usr/games/, /usr/sbin/, /sbin/, /bin/, and so on.

For this to work, the completions have been moved out from /etc/ -- they would
be in /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/, but /etc/bash_completion.d/ is
being kept not to break tons of other packages installing files there.

However, I'm writing to get comments about the triggers issue. When a package
installs an executable in one of the above directories, bash-completion's
postinst removed all symlinks in /etc/bash_completion.d/triggered/, and
re-creates them. The speed of such operation varies greatly depending on the
installed packages -- on my system, it takes about 10s -- but the shell loading
seems much faster too.

Is there any objection to bash-completion using triggers to "watch" the
aforementioned directories?

I have a package ready, and would upload it to experimental before going
to unstable.

Kindly,
David

--