Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes! (was: network-manager as default? No!)

Le lundi 04 avril 2011 à 11:55 +0400, Stanislav Maslovski a écrit :
> Well, actually configuring a wireless network with wpa_supplicant and
> ifupdown is not hard at all and does not require too much time, _if_ a
> user has developed a good habbit of reading documentation first.

It seems to be a common belief between some developers that users should
have to read dozens of pages of documentation before attempting to do
anything.

I’m happy that not all of us share this elitist view of software. I
thought we were building the Universal Operating System, not the
Operating System for bearded gurus.

> It is also preferable in that sense that you configure it once and it
> works for years, surviving upgrades, etc. So in the end you conserve
> your time, and not loose your time.

Do you even know in what kind of contexts a laptop with wireless
connection is actually used? Because from your sentence it looks like
you live in a different world.

--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know