Re: Needed input from Australian users and developers:; choosing timezones for Australia in D-I

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 07:15:20 +0100
Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> Quoting Paul Wise (pabs@debian.org):
> > I agree with the other Australians in the thread; the east-coast
> > timezones are currently all the same but might not be in the future
> > so we shouldn't rely on them being the same and we should allow
> > selection of Australia/Sydney vs Australia/Melbourne.
>
> Sure. That was an option I was considering, too.
>
> I'm just not fond of "Australia/Sydney" presented as a choice, I'd
> rather have "New South-Wales".

Is there a particular reason for this? (Perhaps consistency, guessing
by the rest of your post?)

No hyphen in nsw ( http://www.nsw.gov.au/ )

>  Victoria
>  Australian Capital Territory
>  Queensland
>  Tasmania
>  South Australia
>  Northern Territory
>  Western Australia
>  Eyre Highway
>  Yancowinna county
>  Lord Howe Island

That would work, but practically its not changing a great deal from the
current setup.
thanks,
kk

--