Re: chromium-browser is taking over all URLs

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 12 février 2011 à 01:15 +0900, Norbert Preining a écrit :
> > > I'd say it should probably be reported as a minor bug in gvfs-open, to
> > > respect gnome settings before falling back to mimeinfo.cache.
> >
> > I consider that not minor. If alphabetic order is what I am forced to
> > live with, that is 60ies computing style.
>
> There are defaults shipped in gnome-session, precisely to avoid that
> kind of issue.
>
> With glib 2.28, the x-scheme-handler/* stuff becomes the new priority.
> It just means we have to update epiphany to include it and gnome-session
> to set the defaults.
>
> I don’t think it requires more drama than that.

How is one supposed to prioritize between the various browsers?

What version of Gnome does the right thing to match what glib expect?

>From a user point of view, it's disturbing and this change will reach
testing if we don't finish is properly soon enough (or open an appropriate
RC bug on glib to avoid having it migrate before the other components are
in place).

Not a drama, but still something we should care about.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)