Re: chromium-browser is taking over all URLs

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> (12/02/2011):
> I checked:
> - alternatives of: x-www-browser, sensible-browser, www-browser, gnome-browser
>   and all of them point to iceweasel
> - checked the "preferred applications" in GNOME and it also shows
>   iceweasel
> - checked with
>     xdg-settings get default-web-browser
>   also iceweasel
>
> I am a bit lost now where to go, I always get chromium, which I don't want,
> but I want to keep it around in case I need it for some web sites.

-(cyril@talisker)-(~)-()
$ grep x-scheme-handler/http /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
x-scheme-handler/http=midori.desktop;chromium-browser.desktop;
x-scheme-handler/https=midori.desktop;chromium-browser.desktop;

And it takes precedence over what you quoted.

KiBi.