Re: DEP5 CANDIDATE parser/editor/validator/migrator is released in libconfig-model-perl

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 04:51:53PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Thursday 13 January 2011 16:38:31 Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Please make your model recognize when a stand-alone license stanza is
> > present which defines a new license name in the file.  DEP5 is not
> > intended to have an authoritative list of all licenses in use, only the
> > common ones;

> Currently, unknown keyword are accepted with a warning.

> The only other solution is to accept unknown keyword *without* warning (i.e.
> silently). Is this what you want ?

There are two possible cases.

1. Files: foo, bar
   License: WTFPL
     You may distribute, slice, dice, and sautee this software provided that
     [...]

2. Files: foo, bar
   License: WTFPL

   Files: baz
   License: GPL-2+

   License: WTFPL
     You may distribute, slice, dice, and sautee this software provided that
     [...]

In the second case, there is a clear intent to reference a license tag which
is defined inline and I think this should not generate a warning at all.

In the first case, it's less clear whether an unknown license keyword is
intentional or not, so a warning is probably appropriate to be safe.

Thanks,