Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> I think it is always reasonable for the maintainer to forward the bug
> upstream.
>
> But what I think is bad is _demanding_ or _requiring_ the maintainer
> to forward the bug upstream.  If they don't want to do that for
> whatever reason then asking the submitter to do so is IMO perfectly
> acceptable.

Indeed, the Debian project can't demand or require any work of anyone. I
think it's perfectly acceptable for any such volunteer to refuse to do
the work.

But if they do refuse, then to what extent is that person accomplishing
the maintainer role?

--
 \           “All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular |
  `\                                      positions.” —Adlai Stevenson |