Re: Processed (with 66 errors): Please change me email address

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, Javier Barroso wrote:
>> When I want to change submitter address, I will want to change all
>> submitter references, not only from not-archived bugs (imagine
>> somebody which found this bug 'again' and want to contact with
>> submitter). I understand that mail headers should not be changed,
>> but should not be a problem changing your address from bugs that you
>> submitted (maybe a good idea to add a command that do it quietly ?).
>
> There's no point in changing the submitter for archived bugs. Anyone
> who actually wanted to contact you about an archived bug will figure
> it out when they see other bugs which have changed the submitter. [And
> normally, they'd be contacting the maintainer anyway, not the
> submitter.]

Don't worry it was a fast wget and sed combination (If i were used bts
I didn't would change submitters where original not were I)

If all people agree here, b.d.o should be updated to say something
like "Please doesn't unarchive bugs where you only want to change
submiiter (this behaviour would create mail chain which could irrigate
to maintainers)" , in unarchive command description.

Thank you explaining the thing