Re: Processed (with 66 errors): Please change me email address

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, Javier Barroso wrote:
> When I want to change submitter address, I will want to change all
> submitter references, not only from not-archived bugs (imagine
> somebody which found this bug 'again' and want to contact with
> submitter). I understand that mail headers should not be changed,
> but should not be a problem changing your address from bugs that you
> submitted (maybe a good idea to add a command that do it quietly ?).

There's no point in changing the submitter for archived bugs. Anyone
who actually wanted to contact you about an archived bug will figure
it out when they see other bugs which have changed the submitter. [And
normally, they'd be contacting the maintainer anyway, not the
submitter.]

Whatever tool you used to do this should be changed not to attempt to
change submitter on archived bugs. [That was not the point of allowing
for the unarchiving of bugs...]

> I have a question, are these commands secured somehow ? (can we be
> afraid that some script / spammer would change this field from our
> bug reports?) Is there any doc about that?

All of these changes to bug reports are tracked, and it would be
possible to write scripts to automatically revert such changes, so
there's little concern here.

Don Armstrong

--
I made a bunch of stickers
to put on rooftops, and in secret tunnels.