Re: Processed (with 66 errors): Please change me email address

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Javier Barroso wrote:
>
>> > 4. Send email with unarchive / submitter / archive instructions (same
>> > search but with archive=archived) (checking the number of bugs to
>> > change)
>
> It's probably not worth causing all that noise, i.e. spamming dozens of
> package maintainers, for issues that have been solved years and years
> ago.  I just would let old, archived bugs stay as they are.
When I want to change submitter address, I will want to change all
submitter references, not only from not-archived bugs (imagine
somebody which found this bug 'again' and want to contact with
submitter). I understand that mail headers should not be changed, but
should not be a problem changing your address from bugs that you
submitted (maybe a good idea to add a command that do it quietly ?).

I understand 'archived' meanning, but submitter field should be a
changeable field anyway.

I have a question, are these commands secured somehow ? (can we be
afraid that some script / spammer would change this field from our bug
reports?) Is there any doc about that?

Thanks !