Re: teaching users how to submit good bug reports

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 05:06:14AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Marc Haber wrote:
> > You assume that users know that we're willing to take bug reports.
>
> If you can come up with a good way to inform users of that without
> annoying users who already know that, by all means do so. Otherwise,
> while I grant your point, I don't see what I can or should do about
> it.

Fedora uses the start page of firefox for that (and a lot more). Contrast that
to iceweasel's current start page, which is relevant only to devs.

BTW reportbug gtk is currently under the Applications/System/Administration
menu, which doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the menu
hierarchy; I find the Help menu the least unsuitable.

-S