Re: teaching users how to submit good bug reports

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0700, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> >What would probably be useful is if people like your friend who
> >didn't know about reportbug first were asked what steps they'd take
> >(or actually did take) to try to report bugs in the first place.
>
> You assume that users know that we're willing to take bug reports.

If you can come up with a good way to inform users of that without
annoying users who already know that, by all means do so. Otherwise,
while I grant your point, I don't see what I can or should do about
it.

Don Armstrong

--
Sometimes I wish I could take back all my mistakes
but then I think