Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users

On 07/22/2010 03:21 PM, Nicholas Bamber wrote:
> I reckon a forum would be much easier to finance (even with
> moderators) than a phone line. It could probably be integrated with
> one of the mailing lists which would go a long way to make it look
> friendlier.
+1   there are various Debian support forums already, but I agree that
to have one closer to us would be helpful.   Actually I very much like
your notion of a Moderator.  The disadvantage of a forum is that
everything is public and I could imagine that someone would like to call
or email in without that call to be reported somewhere publicly (like:
"we have this IT staff, they could have told that", or "uh, they use
GENtle, we should email them so they use our commercial alternative"). I
still think the (team of) moderator(s) should have a phone with a
publicly known number.

Steffen