Re: UPG and the default umask

On 05/19/2010 01:20 PM, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Sorry, I assumed that UPG is a system-wide concept and that I could just
> change to my collaboration group and have a useful umask there too.  So we
> only cater for the setgid flag on directories?

The "newgrp" command changes your default group. The default group is
what is applied to files when you create them. So, if you change your
default group to a collaborative group, then realize that they will have
access to those files you create outside of the collaboration directory.

The better way to approach this, would be to just append the
collaborative group to the user, but keep his private group as his
default group.

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O