Re: UPG and the default umask

On 05/19/2010 01:00 PM, Philipp Kern wrote:
> When I do "newgrp <group>" it's still UPG and the umask should still be
> 2, no?  This check would change my umask.

If the new default group is named something other than your username,
it's no longe UPG. UPG is only if the user name and group name match,
and the user is the only member of that group.

So, to answer your question, if your username was "foo" and you belonged
to group "foo", of which you are the only member, then you do a "newgrp
bar" for foo, foo is no longer in a UPG situation, so his umask should
be 0022 at that point.

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O