Re: UPG and the default umask

On 05/17/2010 11:10 AM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> As far as I understood,... you guys are already starting to patch
> unrelated software just to make UPG work (see
> #581919).
>
> Even the title of that "bug", "bad ownership or modes..." is
> ridiculous... and proves what I've predicted before, namely that these
> changes will compromise security (such a patch will also affect non UPG
> systems).

You haven't shown any implementation that security will be compromised
in any way. You just keep throwing it around, which isn't doing anything
for the discussion.

> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 11:04 -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
>> If you're using a non-UPG system, then you don't care. Debian is
>> UPG-based, so your argument is invalid.
> You actually, have to care... at least if #581919 is "solved".

581919 is a regression from 314347. It should be fixed just on that basis.

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O