Re: UPG and the default umask

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Harald Braumann <harry@unheit.net> wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:48:19AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
>> Will be done in base-files 5.4.
>
> I think that this change was done prematurely. There is still the
> issue of a Debian system running in a non-UPG environment. And so far
> I haven't seen a resolution for this point in the discussion.

I believe the pam umask module is the way to go according to
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/sag-pam_umask.html

 [opition] usergroups

    If the user is not root, and the user ID is equal to the group ID,
and the username is the same as primary group name, the umask group
bits are set to be the same as owner bits (examples: 022 -> 002, 077
-> 007).

Regards

Bastien